At Environment Lethbridge, we believe that it’s not enough to provide information and resources about sustainability, we also need to practice what we preach. Here are some of the actions we have taken as an organization to be more sustainable.
Waste and Recycling
• All of the printer paper we use in our office is made from 100% recycled, FSC certified paper.
• Whenever possible, we reuse previously used office supplies, such as file folders, rather than purchasing new ones.
• Rather than producing brochures and posters that need to be thrown away and recycled, we place the majority of our information online.
• Our office kitchen and bathrooms use reusable hand towels rather than disposable paper towels.
• We purchase second-hand office furniture rather than investing in more expensive new furniture.
• All of the events and meetings that we host at The Hub use reusable dishes (including our very popular Movie Night popcorn cups).
• Rather than printing one-time event signage that will be discarded, we use reusable chalkboards and other means for our events.
• Our office has recycling stations for paper, plastic and returnables and kitchen composting.
• Our office washroom is equipped with a low-flow toilet.
• We use green cleaning products in our kitchen and bathroom.
• Our web hosting is through Green Geeks, who power their servers using 100% renewable energy
• Our office uses Energy Star rated laptop computers which use up to 80% less energy than desktops.
• All of our office computers are powered off at night to save energy.