Whether it’s using your blue cart or tackling food waste or fast fashion, waste reduction is something we can all be involved with. Waste reduction is an area where Lethbridge has improved dramatically over the past five years, and there are a number of resources available to help. Check out our Wasteless website for step by step information on reducing food and textile waste, or click our map below to find out where to reduce, reuse, or recycle different items.
Get practical waste reduction solutions from Green Your Everyday:
- Food waste can make up a significant part of what your household sends to landfill, in Lethbridge it’s nearly 30% The post How to get started with composting first appeared on Green Your Everyday.
- What to Do With Your Excess Jars Do you have an excess of jars from your jams, sauces, salsas, and The post What to do with extra glass jars first appeared on Green Your Everyday.
- Composting is a great way to get rid of “trash” while minimizing your impact on the environment by reducing what The post 23 Surprising Things You Can Compost first appeared on Green Your Everyday.
- It can be challenging to maintain a sustainable lifestyle when you have kids – their toys are plastic and come The post 4 Eco-Friendly Crafts for your Kids this Summer first appeared on Green Your Everyday.
- Let’s face it, our pets sometimes live a better life than we do. They get the best treats, toys and The post How to sustainably manage pet waste first appeared on Green Your Everyday.
- Food waste is one of those tragic things that happens along every stage of the food production process. Food is The post 7 ways to fight food waste first appeared on Green Your Everyday.