The Community Programs Coordinator will be responsible for the design, delivery and success of Environment Lethbridge’s community education and engagement programs. A particular focus during the term of this position will be in leading and inspiring teams of youth participants (aged 18-24) to design projects related to water conservation and green infrastructure. The successful candidate will have experience and understanding of program delivery, project management, and creating sustainable behavior change.
Hours of work: 32 hours per week
Location: Flexible. Hybrid or remote options available, must be available to deliver workshops and programs within Lethbridge.
Start date: October 24, 2022
- Develop and deliver a training program for youth with a focus on water conservation and green infrastructure;
- Develop and deliver public workshops;
- Create key indicators and track results;
- Oversee and support volunteers and other temporary staff;
- Support the delivery of other Environment Lethbridge programs;
- Communicate with the public by developing newsletter and website content, and through social media;
- Engage with community members to promote waste reduction, green energy, and climate resilience; and
- Work closely with volunteers and community organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of environmental sustainability, climate change and related issues;
- Demonstrated experience managing and delivering programs at the community level; and
- Experience working in a nonprofit environment including the leadership of staff and volunteers and the development of partnerships.
Supporting Qualifications (nice to have, but not essential):
- Post secondary degree in urban planning, public policy, geography, environmental science, community development, biology, environmental science, communications or a related field;
- Three to five years of professional experience related to sustainability, climate change or environmental issues;
- Experience with public speaking, graphic design (Canva or Adobe), and online communications;
- Experience working with community stakeholders and a wide range of people and diverse groups;
- Ability to approach projects in an entrepreneurial manner, with strong creative and critical thinking and problem solving skills.
This is a 12 month term position with the possibility of extension depending on funding.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight MST on September 30, 2022.